October 14, 2021
Live Virtual Workshop
Non-profit and charitable organizations strongly depend on their board of directors for strong, innovative, and effective leadership to achieve their mission. Participants in Introduction to Board Governance Part 1 will gain knowledge and understanding in the following key board governance areas:
• Self-assessment of governance in your organization
• Role of the board
• Role of the board member
• Developing a partnership between the board and the senior staff person
• Defining governance versus operations
• Understanding liability for the organization
• Examining potential personal liability for board members
• Recognizing to whom are board members and the board accountable?
Please note: While it would be preferable for participants to register for both Introduction to Board Governance Parts 1 and 2, it is not essential. Topics scheduled for part 2 will not be covered in part 1.
Please register below:
Contact Priti Shah at 204-477-5985 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule this workshop for your organization.