November 16, 2021
In House Live Virtual Workshop
Recent high profile harassment cases have brought attention to the fact that many employers not only lack adequate policies and procedures for dealing with harassment, but have failed to take steps to provide their employees with a safe and respectful workplace.
This workshop will provide both organizations and individuals with a primer on what they need to know to deal with workplace harassment. Learning objectives include
1) What are human rights protections
2) What is the legal definition of harassment?
3) What behaviours are considered harassment and discrimination?
4) Who can be harassed and when and where harassment can occur?
5) Why harassment happens and what is its impact in the workplace?
6) What is required in the organization’s anti-harassment policy?
7) What steps to take if one is being harassed?
8) How to support someone who is being harassed;
9) Supervisor’s and manager’s legal responsibilities for dealing with harassment;
10) Cases studies on workplace harassment and discrimination;
11) Action plan with respect to human rights, harassment and discrimination.
This event is only open to CPA Members.
CPA Saskatchewan members can register here: hhttps://member.cpask.ca/CPA/PD/PD_Event_Detail.aspx?EventKey=OC2161
CPA Manitoba members can register here: https://cpamb.ca/member-portal/member/pd?id=5687